There's a bunch of news coming out of the Asian MMA scene, so as always, here's a quick round up:
- The biggest news coming out from the region is that Roger Huerta has signed with ONE Fighting Championship and will be making his debut at ONE FC 4, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Word of the signing comes from Mike Chiappetta, who confirmed the news from Huerta's management.
Huerta, who has spent a lot of time training in Asia, will be looking to rebound after taking tough losses to Bellator champs Pat Curran, and Eddie Alvarez, along with that gritty welterweight bout against War Machine back in November of last year.
No word yet on who the UFC and Bellator veteran will face, but there are plenty of candidates in ONE FC's stacked lightweight roster which includes Shinya Aoki, Ole Laursen, Zorobabel Moreira among others.
- Also on the ONE FC card, BJJ Champions are going head-to-head as Marcos Escobar and Rodrigo Praxedes have been booked for a welterweight contest. This match up will be the third bout in the card which pits two BJJ black bets against each other, which the other two being Leandro Issa vs. Masakazu Imanari and Gregor Gracie vs. Adam Kayoom.
More news, along with the full fight card of the event can be seen after the jump. -- Follow me on twitter @antontabuena
- For some reason, Bob Sapp got yet another fight in Asia. He's competing on Road FC 008 in Korea, against a much smaller man in Kim Jong Dae (3-2) who usually fights at middleweight. Not that it would matter though, as Sapp is just guaranteed to just turtle up and lose this one yet again by tapping to strikes.
Road FC is a very good promotion, but you would've thought that they would've learned from SFL, or the other promotions in their network like CFC and ONE FC, who have all made the same mistake.
- Speaking of Sapp, the guy is hosting a contest for a random "keyboard warrior" who can display the best insults or hatred on YouTube. Winner would receive an all expense paid trip to Korea to be his cornerman and receive VIP access to the event.
- The good thing about the card, at least they have other bouts we can look forward to. Here's a promo for one of the featured bouts between Denis Kang (who is fresh off his Dancing With The Stars stint) and MWGP finalist, Hae Suk Son.
- In case you missed it, on the last How's Taste My Tweet Tweet I posted 2 clips of Ben Askren talking about his trip to Asia, where he visited Evolve MMA in Singapore, and Phuket Top Team in Thailand.
- Megumi Fujii recently lost her Bellator bout against Jessica Aguilar by decision. The long-time dominant Female MMA star felt like she did enough to win though. Here's a snippet from her blog which was translated by fellow MMA fighter, Roxy Modafferi:
As for the fight, I used all my strength and fought as hard as I could. And I think I won the first round and the third round. At worst, I thought it’d be a draw.
It was the same as the year before last, when my fight with Zoila became my first blemish on my record. Not only Japanese, but there were also a lot of people from overseas who said that they thought I’d won. It’s so frustrating to see this and listen to this and just keep silent. I can’t turn my back on my feelings, so I’m going to write my exact feelings here.
I feel the same way. I thought I’d won.
- Here's the current fight card for ONE FC's 4th event:
ONE Fighting Championship 4: Destiny of Warriors
June 23, 2012 -- Stadium Negara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Eddie Ng vs. Arnaud Lepont
- Gregor Gracie vs. Adam Kayoom
- Kim Hock Quek vs. Peter Davis
- Marcos Escobar vs. Rodrigo Praxedes
- Allamurad Karayev vs. Roldan Sangcha-an
- Mitch Chilson
* - Not Yet Officially Announced