UFC president Dana White spent nearly 20 minutes with MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani Thursday and delved into nearly every topic that's been on his mind lately including concerns about his health, his recent public dustup with journalist Dave Meltzer, rumors he may retire after the organization's initial seven-year run with Fox and more.
A few of many highlights:
- White talked about his case of Meniere's Disease and how it's affected him. He is still awaiting surgery which the doctor initially refused to do.
- On discussing the Meltzer situation and the whole Fox ratings debate: "There's a war brewing. People are firing missles over here." White is sticking pretty hard to his stance on other sports' reporters not reporting on ratings, which many do. He accused Meltzer of being a mouthpiece and alluded to Spike giving up ratings numbers.
- He talked about Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir and the heavyweight situation going into Saturday's UFC 146.
For more on what he discussed, click after the jump.
- Helwani joked about Roy Nelson and Dave Herman and while he may not like their looks, he respects them as fighters.
- He discussed the Jon Jones DUI arrest without going into too many details.
- White talked drug testing and what they're working on for the future.
- He gives his views on Nick Diaz and Alistair Overeem, including how he's done dealing with one of them.