First off, I’d like to say that joining this community has been one of the wisest decisions I’ve ever made. I feel honored to chat with other MMA enthusiasts, and enjoy the witty comments and incredible insight in regards to the sport. With this being said, I’m coming up on my 1000th comment (eff me I need a life), and I have to say I’m still a little on edge when it comes to the etiquette of posting around these parts. Being a long time lurker, I did notice a lot of the “rules” when it came to commenting, but I’m still curious about a few other things about this site. I’m sure it’s difficult to lay out all of the rules for this, but I would really like to know what’s frowned upon, and what the major no-no’s are.
- How much cursing can I get away with? Is there a line that shouldn’t be crossed?
- Name calling…I know I’ve been called a few things already that I didn’t agree with, but didn’t want to retaliate for fear of warnings or possibly becoming banned.
- Is it looked down upon to use icon expressions such as… :) ;) :( :D, etc.
- Speaking of looked down upon, is it okay to use expressions such as; lol ,jk, btw, lmao, etc.
- Is there a thing (besides on live threads) as too many images or gifs?
So there are a ton more then I was thinking about but cannot seem to remember off the top of my head right now. Please feel free to post any other do’s and don’ts for the BE-tiquette. Once again, thanks guys for being awesome, I look forward to many more conversations and laughs.