Babalu Sobral will be competing on the next ONE FC event in Malaysia.
As always, here are the top news coming out of the Asian MMA scene:
- According to sources close to the promotion, former Strikeforce champion, Renato Sobral who was supposed to fight at ONE Fighting Championship's third show in Singapore, has been re-booked for the promotion's fourth show in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
No word yet on Babalu's opponent, but stay tuned for more updates.
- Speaking of ONE FC 4 on June 23, we have also learned through separate sources close to the fighters that teammates Mitch Chilson (2-1) and BJJ champ, Leandro Issa (9-2) are both set to be competing against separate opponents. Both Evolve MMA products last competed last September at ONE FC 1.
- Although unconfirmed, another rumored competitor on the card is 'The Magician' Eddie Ng (5-1), who dominated and showed a much improved game on ONE FC 3.
Related: ONE FC 3 Exclusive Gallery: PART 1 -- PART 2 -- PART 3
- While fights haven't been officially announced yet for Legend FC 9 in Macau, a possible title eliminator for Jadamba Narantungalag's strap has already been booked for the June 16 event. Sources close to the fighters have informed BloodyElbow.com that former Legend champ, Adrian Pang (19-8) is set to take on Koji Ando (6-3) in a lightweight scrap, in what could determine their next lightweight title contender.
The Japanese fighter in Ando is coming off an impressive submission win over Damien Brown on Legend 7, while Pang on the other hand, lost his title in a split decision against Jadamba last October.
- The biggest Asian MMA event this weekend would be URCC 21: Warpath, which is headlined by a Super-Fight between Middleweight Champion Froilan Sarenas, and Light Heavyweight Champion, Nicholas Mann.
Andrew Benibe sustained a cut and had to be pulled out on the last minute, but after an interesting turn of events, the URCC still managed to get a top notch replacement. Rising featherweight star, Mark Striegl (9-0) got in on the card, and will be stepping in on very short notice against Alcer Lozada.
Also on the card, Striegl's teammate, Will Chope, will take on former URCC lightweight champion, Angelito Manguray, and local fan favorite Alvin Ramirez will be taking on Roy Doliguez.
ONE Fighting Championship 4: Destiny of Warriors
June 23, 2012 -- Stadium Negara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia