Dana White & Ariel Helwani shared some laughs and some info Tuesday at the UFC on Fox 2 press conference.
Dana White was in New York Tuesday to promote May's UFC on Fox 2 in New Jersey and caught up with MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani for an interesting chat about a slew of topics. Everything from Quinton Jackson's claims about UFC doctors suggesting TRT use to Brandon Saling's situation to Ronda Rousey and more were discussed.
Some highlights from the 14-minute clip:
- Why he made Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller the main event of UFC on Fox 2 and the latest on MMA being legalized in New York.
- Having "no clue" on who the next lightweight title challenger will be.
- His frustrations at not having the fourth round for Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall.
- Defining his position and views on Strikeforce and how a story on another MMA site was supposed to be a private conversation. He actually apologized to Strikeforce for some of the quotes used. He did mention, "Creatively, we have some differences." Interesting bit of dialogue here.
- He talked about conversations he had with Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate leading up to the fight. "Ronda Rousey is going to be a big star," he said.
- He clarified the Saling situation and how he fought on the Strikeforce show Saturday. MMA Fighting Senior Editor and BE founder Luke Thomas broke some information on Saling's situation Tuesday.
- His reaction to Jackson's Twitter comments and some important comments on the TRT claims he recently made.
- His side of the Dakota Cochrane controversy from last week.
The really interesting 14 minute interview with Helwani can be seen after the jump.