Melvin Guillard gets back into action in July against Fabricio Camoes at UFC 148. (Photo by Al Bello/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
Since coming within a big win of getting a shot at the UFC Lightweight title, Guillard (29-10-2-1) lost consecutive fights to Joe Lauzon and Jim Miller, both via first round rear naked choke submission. To that point, the 29-year-old was on a five fight win streak.
Before the Miller fight, Guillard switched camps from Greg Jackson's school to Mike Van Arsdale's Blackzillians team in Florida.
Camoes (14-6-1) was cut in 2010 after after a winless two fight UFC run, but regional circuit victories over Steve Lopez and Efrain Escudero earned him another shot in January. He defeated Tommy Hayden via first round submission on the Guillard/Miller undercard. A third degree BJJ black belt under Royler Gracie, seven of his career wins have come via submission.
The booking makes nine fights complete for the July 7 show:
- Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber
- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
- Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
- Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
- Demian Maia vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- Renan Barao vs. Ivan Menjivar
- Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou
- Gleison Tibau vs. Habib Nurmagomedov