Torres (40-4) made his UFC debut after the WEC merger with a decision win over Antonio Banuelos but followed that up with a decision loss to Demetrious Johnson last May. This past November, the 31-year-old outlasted Nick Pace at UFC 139 in a 141-pound catchweight fight.
10 years Torres' junior, McDonald (14-1) enters April's bout on a seven-fight win streak, making his mark with a 56 second knockout of Alex Soto at the aforementioned UFC 139 card. A fellow WEC alum, McDonald made his Octagon debut last March with a decision win over Edwin Figueroa, following that up with a decision win over Chris Cariaso.
In addition to Torres vs. McDonald, the pay-per-view portion of UFC 145 now sits at:
- Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans
- Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
- Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
- Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
- Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman