UFC president Dana White sits down with Marcus Kowal of Sweden's MMAnytt for a very interesting interview that cover's Dana's whole history with MMA in pretty serious detail.
Topics covered include:
- How Dana and the Fertitta Brothers got into MMA, first as students of Jiu-Jitsu, then as promoters;
- The business philosophy of the UFC: sport over spectacle;
- How he works with UFC matchmaker Joe Silva;
- Dana's unsuccessful efforts to book a Dan Henderson vs Mauricio "Shogun" Rua rematch;
- The UFC's goals for the next five years (notably one of the key goals is letting people know that now they're on Fox, FX and Fuel);
- Efforts to get the UFC regulated in New York, France and everywhere around the world;
- The move from Spike TV to Fox;
- Dana outlines his insane travel schedule at length;
- Dana's plans to get everything "dialed-in" over the next two years so he can coast for the next five;
- His plans to appear on every international edition of The Ultimate Fighter.
One last thing, Dana appears to reference this post from Headkick Legend at the 8 minute mark of the interview: The Peoples Prez: The Hectic Benevolence Of Dana White