One of the biggest women's MMA fights in the modern era was made official Friday afternoon in Columbus, OH, as Strikeforce 135-pound champion Miesha Tate and her opponent Ronda Rousey both made weight. The two are set to clash in the main event set to air on Showtime Saturday night.
The 25-year-old Tate (12-2, 5-1 Strikeforce) is looking to make the first defense of the title she won by submitting Marloes Coenen last summer. In the 25-year-old Rousey (4-0, 2-0 Strikeforce), she'll face a challenger that she feels isn't the No. 1 contender, but one that has submitted every opponent in her way in both the amateurs and pros.
All fighters made weight for what should be an entertaining show, set to air at 10 PM EST Saturday.
Showtime Main Card
- Tate (134.5) (c) vs. Rousey (134.5)
- K.J. Noons (156) vs. Josh Thomson (155)
- Paul Daley (171) vs. Kazuo Misaki (169.5)
- Lumumba Sayers (185) vs. Scott Smith (186)
- Bristol Marunde (184) vs. Ronaldo Souza (184.5)
Prelims (Showtime Extreme)
- Alexis Davis (135.5) vs. Sarah Kaufman (135.5)
- Roger Bowling (170) vs. Brandon Saling (170.5)
- Caros Fodor (155.5) vs. Pat Healy (155)
- Ryan Couture (154.5) vs. Conor Heun (155)
Bloody Elbow will provide live play-by-play coverage all night long on Saturday, along with the usual analysis/commentary you expect throughout the weekend.