There are a few fading stars left in the UFC with some fight still left in them. Names like Roy Nelson, Dan Hardy, Check Congo, and recently Rampage Jackson. These are fighters that haven't been able to pull it together lately, but we all know there is some fight left in them. I want to spend some time disusing Dan Hardy. His Flashy fighting style and personality are a true asset to the UFC (why else would a fighter with 4 loses in a row be given another shot). He is marketable, and his fights are fun to watch. The possibility that he will beat Duane Ludwig is pretty high. If it is as Hardy says, he should look very impressive in his return. He was just out there to brawl in the past and with his new training camp, he claims he is more focused than ever. So here are the possible outcomes as i see it for Dan Hardy's Career.
1. He fights Duane Ludwig and loses.. Game over for the outlaw!!!
2. He fights Duane and wins by a narrow margin. Then is stacked up with a bottom tier fighter in his next match up and slowly he fades with the wind.
3. He Destroys Ludwig in a viscous stand up battle. We have seen him do this before, so maybe the UFC makes his next match up with a wrestler, and he shows no improvement in his ground game and is cut.
4. He somehow shows a ground game against Ludwig and submits him. Options are wide open for the outlaw here. I would like to see him fight Alvarez at that point, but most likely he would get another tune up fight in the bottom of the division.
5. He wins 3 in a row and gets a top 10 170 opponent. We have not seen him fight with the elite of this division (minus the Champ). He would need a win over Fitch, Shields, or maybe even Kampman to be considered a #1 contender.
Either way, this could lead to more depth at 170, and that is something we haven't seen in a while. Currently there is allot of talent in welterweight with the champ out. Lets see how this plays out through 2013. What do you guys think? Does the Outlaw have anything left?