Earlier this year, UFC Primetime producer Jason Hehir told Ariel Helwani there was several of the popular shows planned for 2012, hinting that some of the biggest fights would get the full treatment.
The year's second installment of Primetime was revealed Friday with UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones and Rashad Evans set to take center stage in a three-part series that will air on FX with the heated rivals squaring off at UFC 145 on Saturday, April 21. The series will air on Fridays at 11 pm EST from April 6 - April 20.
As a break from the sometimes monotonous Countdown series, Primetime was crafted to bring out more of the personalities of two main event fighters in a format reminiscent of the HBO 24/7 boxing series.
Here's a history of who's been featured, for what event and when:
- Primetime 1: Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn | UFC 94 | January 2009
- Primetime 2: St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy | UFC 111 | March 2010
- Primetime 3: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans | UFC 114 | May 2010
- Primetime 4: Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez | UFC 121 | October 2010
- Primetime 5: Jake Shields | UFC 129 | April 2011
- Primetime 6: Junior dos Santos | UFC on Fox 1 | October 2011 (one hour special) vs.
- Primetime 7: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit | UFC 143 | January - February 2011