The main event of UFC 144 is a fight that has hardcore fans rabid in anticipation. Frankie Edgar and Ben Hendersonare two of the most gifted fighters in the Lightweight division, and indeed, in all of MMA. Both men are supremely technical in all areas - from striking to wrestling to submissions. Add the UFC Lightweight title belt into the mix and you have a recipe for a classic battle.
Considering the talent on display, it's no surprise that both men have been featured in previous installments of our Bloody Elbow Judo Chop series. That series, designed to showcase the technique's used in fights, can tell us a lot about both Edgar and Henderson.
To get ready for Saturday's UFC 144 title fight, take a look back at this collection of Edgar and Henderson Judo Chops. First up, chops by Kid Nate, KJ Gould, and myself all focusing on Edgar and highlighting his work against both B.J. Penn and Gray Maynard.
- UFC 136 Judo Chop: Uppercuts in Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard 3 - Fraser Coffeen
- UFC 136 Judo Chop: The Grappling of Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard II - KJ Gould
- UFC 136 Judo Chop: The Striking of Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard - Fraser Coffeen
- Bloody Elbow Judo Chop: Frankie Edgar Uses a Cut Kick to Sweep B.J. Penn at UFC 118 - Kid Nate
Next, check out Ben Thapa's great 2 part series from earlier this week highlighting Ben Henderson's survival skills:
- UFC 144 Judo Chop: Benson Henderson And The Miracle of Survival Part 2 of 2 - Ben Thapa
- UFC 144 Judo Chop: Benson Henderson And The Miracle Of Survival Part 1 of 2 - Ben Thapa
I hope these help build your anticipation for Saturday's clash. Will we have a new Judo Chop to add to the list after that battle? Given what these two men have shown us in the past, I expect so.