Yesterday we posted an interview with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in which he bashed UFC commentator Joe Rogan for favoritism. Jackson was doing some media in advance of his UFC 144 co-main event against Ryan Bader this Saturday in Japan.
Rogan took the opportunity to respond to Jackson on his Joe Rogan Experience video podcast.
- "I love Rampage. I don't mean to be rude when I assess things. I'm just trying to look objectively and figure out how a dude could be doing better than he's doing."
- "I like Rampage as a person. I enjoyed hanging out with him."
- "All I'm trying to do is objectively assess what someone could be doing differently."
- "I'm just trying to commentate. I'm not looking deep into someone's soul."
- "I can't do what I'm supposed to be doing and try to protect someone's feelings."
- "When I tell him to throw leg kicks, it's just because the guy has awesome leg kicks."
- "The last thing I want to do is add more pressure, add more stress (to a fighter's job)."