Thanks, to Damon for putting this together back in March. I've bumped this tonight in light of recent events. The staff recognizes that the rules need to be revisited once again and both veteran members and new members have opinion right now.
For the record: this is specifically the place to respectfully question any moderating decisions. We will be as candid and direct as possible to clear up anything that may be confused.
All of us on staff love and appreciate the value of the community and know that's where most of our roots were established. Please feel free to voice your concerns in this thread.
As many of you may know, Bloody Elbow is more than just an MMA blog. It's a community. A place where we come to share insights, debate issues, and generally have an enjoyable time. These are the rules that keep this community from devolving into a cesspool like many other online communities.
1) No name calling, fighter bashing, ethnic or sexual slurs.
2) No threats towards other community members.
3) No discussion of politics or religion.
4) Do not piss off the staff.
These are the big four and they are pretty cut and dry. Of course there are other obvious things like posting nudity and pornography being prohibited. But we also have general etiquette.
1) Do not derail comments sections with off topic tangents.
2) Do not post breaking news that will completely throw off the topic of the current post.
3) Do not post large pictures and gifs in live posts.
Lastly, if you get warned or banned email us and have a civil discussion. These are things that you should not do if you want to continue posting.
1) Angrily email us telling us why we were wrong in warning or banning you.
2) Attack us using racial slurs.
3) Create a new user ID when you get banned. (You'll just get banned again)
4) Complain about getting warned in a thread. (You'll probably get banned)
Questions? We'll do our best to answer them in the comment section. lets mutherfukers.