Photo by Anton Tabuena
Join us starting at 8 a.m. ET for the 10th anniversary show of the URCC, which will feature several of the country's biggest stars such as Eduard Folayang, Eric Kelly, and Froilan Sarenas among others.
With an event aptly called as 'URCC 22: Dekada', one of Asia's longest running promotions in the Universal Reality Combat Championship's celebrates their 10th year anniversary with one of their most stacked cards to date.
With multiple titles on the line, the card will feature some of the biggest home grown Filipino MMA stars, which have been making waves at the Asian scene. Eduard Folayang headlines the card in a Super-Fight against a relatively unknown prospect, and multiple time state wrestling champ in Lowens Tynanes. Although Folayang has displayed good takedowns to compliment his Wushu background, like most fighters in the Asian region the Filipino still remains untested against wrestlers of this caliber. It's a high-risk, low-reward situation for the ONE FC contender, but it should provide an intriguing stylistic battle that night.
Co-headlining the card is the URCC featherweight champion, Eric Kelly, another fighter making waves and dominating opponents in ONE FC. He is coming off a very entertaining battle against Jens Pulver, and will be looking to continue his undefeated streak when he faces a fellow striker in Brad Terrey.
The third high profile match up pits current URCC middleweight champion, Froilan Sarenas, in a title fight against ONE FC vet and Phuket Top Team product, Rodrigo Praxedes. Sarenas, who is primarily a grappler, won't be getting any favors on this match up as he will be taking on a high level BJJ blackbelt in Praxedes. It makes two tough matches in a row for Sarenas, and we'll see if his overall MMA game has evolved enough to defeat someone who, at least on paper, should be the better grappler.
Also on the card, look out for Caloy Baduria, a three division champion during the much earlier days of the URCC, Super-Fight champ Reydon Romero, top pinweight prospect Jonathan Sumogat, and pro-boxer turned undefeated Mixed Martial Artist Roy Doliguez.
The event will be streamed live on URCCMMA.com starting at around 8 a.m. ET. Join the Bloody Elbow Breakfast Crew for 10 fights on the URCC's 10th anniversary show, for a morning of action packed bouts from the Philippines.
URCC 22: Dekada
December 1, 2012 -- SM MOA Arena, Philippines
- Lowen Tynanes def. Eduard Folayang by TKO (Cut), R1 [Super-Fight Title]
- Eric Kelly def. Brad Terrey by Submission Submission (Armbar), R3
- Reysaldo Transmonte def. Hideo Morikawa by Decision (Unanimous), R2
- Jessie Rafols def. Keiff Mangusan by Submission (Rear Naked Choke), R1 [Bantamweight Championship]
- Rodrigo Praxedes def. Froilan Sarenas by Decision (Unanimous), R2 [Middleweight Championship]
- Caloy Baduria def. Panchito Estoro by TKO (Punches), R1
- Reydon Romero def. Sulpiano Laurio by TKO (Punches), R1
- Jonathan Sumogat def. Russel Iniong by Submission (Rear Naked Choke), R1
- Dennis Salazar def. Roy Doliguez by Decision (Unanimous), R2
- Lito Adiwang def. Jun Jun Sinco by TKO (Punches), R2
Follow me on twitter -- @antontabuena