I'm back with another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse. Eugene S. Robinson author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking is my counter-part for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel.
Topics covered include:
- The epicness of GSP vs Condit -- the psychological and physical tolls of a fight like that...what's next for Condit?
- What's next for GSP? Silva? Hendricks?
- Can Johny Hendricks emerge as a personality that clicks with fans?
- Is GSP vs Anderson Silva a fight we even want to see? What about Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones?
- Benson Henderson vs Nate Diaz -- can Fox and the UFC make stars out of these guys? Can a Diaz win a title? What kind of brand ambassador would Nate Diaz be?
- Rousey to UFC -- they seem bent on her doing PPV instead of Fox and on building WMMA around a 135 lb division. Meaning no Cyborg unless she cuts weight.