Originally based from Guam, Pacific X-Treme Combat (PXC) has been making inroads in the Asian MMA scene, and proudly boasts to be a building ground and prime stepping stone to the UFC. Their top fighters such as Jon Tuck and Hyun Gyu Lim recently made the jump to MMA's biggest stage, and they promise to send more top caliber prospects soon.
Today, they will be hosting their 7th event in the Philippines at the Araneta Coliseum, and they have a stacked card filled with rising stars and top prospects from the region. Featherweight rising star, Mark Striegl (11-0) will be having a large step up in competition as he faces PXC lightweight champ Harris Sarmiento (35-23), a well traveled veteran who has faced the likes of Nick Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Jonathan Brookins, and others.
A flyweight title bout between Ale Cali and Erwin Tagle will also be on the card, along with undefeated prospects from Japan, Hawaii, and the Philippines like Jerome Wanawan (3-0), Dustin Kimura (8-0), Michinori Tanaka (5-0) and Russell Doane (8-0).
The event will be streamed on Sherdog starting at around 6:30 am ET, so join the Bloody Elbow Breakfast Crew for a live stream and discussion of Pacific X-Treme Combat 34, from the Philippines.
Here's the current fight card:
- Ale Cali vs. Erwin Tagle [Flyweight Title Fight]
- Harris Sarmiento vs Mark Striegl [Featherweight Bout]
- Guy Delumeau vs Dustin Kimura
- Jerome Wanawan vs Eugene Toquero
- Russell Doane vsMichinori Tanaka
- Isaiah Ordiz vsTristan Arenal
- Zebaztian Kadestam vs Patrick Manicad
- Adrian Hillana vs Tyrone Jones
- Dario Banaro Jr. vs Ernesto Montilla