UFC Lightweight John Makdessi talks to Kid Nate a few days before his UFC 154 bout with Sam Stout in this video interview. Topics covered include: Makdessi's journey from Taekwondo to kickboxing to MMA, training with Firas Zahabi at the Tri-Star gym, Georges St. Pierre and more.
Sorry about the weird technical issue whereby Skype didn't record my video as a result we've got video of John talking to my ghostly disembodied voice.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel.
Topics covered include:
- The adjustments Makdessie made coming from TKD and Shotokan into kickboxing and from there to MMA
- Sam Stout and what Makdessi expects from the fight
- TKD/Shotokan vs Muay Thai
- Makdessi's revamped approach to weight cutting after missing weight at his last fight.
- His loss to Anthony Njokuani at UFC 145
- Training under Firas Zihabi at TriStar gym.