Frank Shamrock joins Kid Nate for an MMA Tete-A-Tete to discuss his autobiography "Uncaged." Frank talks about all his classic MMA and Pancrase bouts, telling tales about Ken Shamrock, Bas Rutten, Masakatsu Funaki, Maurice Smith, Tito Ortiz, John Lober, Igor Zinoviev, Phil Baroni, Cung Le, Nick Diaz and more.
I'm back with another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse. I'm honored to have Frank Shamrock as my guest for this edition. Frank is here to talk about his new autobiography Uncaged: My Life as a Champion MMA Fighter (also available for the Kindle)
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel and get all our interviews, discussions, previews, predictions and video playlists right in your YouTube feed.
Topics covered include:
- His extremely difficult childhood and adoption by Bob Shamrock
- His training under Ken Shamrock in the Lion's Den and under Funaki and Suzuki in the Pancrase gyms including a discussion of catch wrestling
- Forming the Alliance with Maurice Smith and Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
- His amazing run of wins over Enson Inoue, Kevin Jackson, Igor Zinoviev, Jeremy Horn, John Lober and Tito Ortiz as well as his grappling matches with Kiyoshi Tamura and Dan Henderson
- His gameplan for the fight that never happened with Kazushi Sakuraba
- His split with Dana White and the UFC and his response to their purchase of Strikeforce
- His fight with Cung Le and whether or not Le's sanshou + wrestling based style is a one-off or something we'll be seeing more in MMA in the future.
- and more!