Dear faithful Bloody Elbow readers,
Many of you have offered feedback in regards to the major change Bloody Elbow (and every other SB Nation site) went through last week. A lot of your feedback has been addressed by the people that handled the re-design, and they're in the process of doing even more. Here's a quick update on what has been tweaked, and what is still in the pipeline:
This morning we released several big changes:
1) Streamlined the mobile web layout to be easier to quickly scan. I encourage everyone to load it up and check it out. We'll continue to make tweaks, but this was a big step forward and these changes were based directly on community feedback we received. We removed a lot of clutter and put an emphasis on the stories in the river: bigger headlines, added blurbs and added timestamps. We also cleaned up the fonts on mobile to be easier to read.
2) More decreases to the size of mobile web pages in order to improve performance.
3) Turned off auto-updating comments on mobile by default so that it doesn't inadvertently drain mobile battery life.
4) Fixed the issue with not properly showing the number of new comments for logged in users on the homepage.
5) Fixed the issue with missing content in the iOS and Android apps.
6) Added the Recommend button to articles.
7) Several other fixes to link type FanShots, Video links, Login/Signup links in the footer, issues w/ Facebook shared links, headline fonts too big in the cover and more!
What we have up next:
- Fix the issue with Shift-A not always working to clear unread comments for logged in users - More mobile improvements - IE 8 visual tweaks - Many small things
If you're still having issues with anything not addressed here, go ahead and email email@example.com with it and they'll do their best to get it fixed. You guys have been awesome at pointing out what has needed to be dealt with so far, and I'm confident you'll continue to stay on top of things. From everyone at the site, thank you for your patience, understanding, and feedback.