Kid Nate of BloodyElbow.com offers his assessment of every bout on the UFC 153 card including: Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar, Antonio Minotauro Nogueira vs. Dave Herman, Glover Teixeira vs. Fabio Maldonado, Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva, Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado, and Demian Maia vs. Rick Story as well as the undercard fights.
I'm back with my thoughts, analysis, review and commentary on UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. I'm not going to beat around the bush, I have to say I was thoroughly entertained by the main card and gave it 4 out of 5 starts. Every fight was a thoroughly satisfying exhibition of martial skill, will and heart.
- Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonner - not the most sporting contest I've ever seen, but certainly a fight and a performance I will remember as long as I have synapses that fire. Silva sent a message and that message was he will clown a fool.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Dave Herman - Big Nog taught Herman a lesson by forcing him to tap to an arm bar after a lot of talk from Herman about being "immune to jiu-jitsu." It's always nice to see Big Nog score a win in front of his home town fans. I hope Herman can turn things around.
- Glover Teixeira vs. Fabio Maldonado - Maldonado took quite a beating in a fight that should have been stopped in the first round. He also landed on Teixeira quite a few times and showed that Glover has a hole or two in his game. Nonetheless, nice performance from Teixeira that has me ready to see him against stiffer competition.
- Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva - Fitch definitely sent a message but at the cost of another promising young prospect getting utterly wrecked. I do not see the utility of throwing a young lion like Silva in at the deep end against a dream killer like Fitch.
- Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado - A happy ending to a kind of lost year for Davis. I think he shouldn't have been thrown in against Rashad Evans so Prado was a nice confidence rebuilder it's just too bad it dragged out so long due to the eyepoke in their last outing. Not sure what Prado has to offer at this level but Davis can still be a contender.
- Demian Maia vs. Rick Story - Maia showed he's a factor at Welterweight. Hope to see him against Jon Fitch next.