There are major news coming out of two of the top promotions in Asia, and apparently, they're going head to head against each other this February.
- Legend FC has beefed up their bantamweight roster and has picked up two very talented fighters, Jumabieke Tuerxun (10-0) and Taiyo Nakahara (12-6).
Jumabieke Tuerxun, or 'Bieke' is a very popular undefeated fighter who is widely considered as one of the best bantamweights in China. He's a talented Sanda fighter and trains out of Xian Physical Education University, the gym where Team Quest standouts Pat Healy and Brad Hannah conducted a 6-week training camp to help develop the talent in the country.
Bieke will be getting an immediate title shot and he will be taking on current Legend FC bantamweight champion, Yao Honggang. This will be a rematch of their 2009 bout, when Tuerxun TKO'd Yao, who was making his MMA debut.
Taiyo Nakahara on the other hand, hails from Japan, and is the former top contender for SRC / Sengoku. He's currently on a 4-fight winning streak and throughout his career he has faced the likes of Akitoshi Tamura, Rani Yahya, Mike Brown, and Adrian Pang.
UPDATE: Both Bieke and Nakahara will be making their debut on Legend FC 7 on February 11th... If that date sounds familiar, it's cause it's going to be on the same night as ONE FC's 2nd event. Asia is a pretty large continent, but I still hope this doesn't turn out to be a DREAM/SRC thing with both rivals end up killing each other instead of helping the sport grow in the region.
Anyway, the Legend main card features 2 title fights, and you can check out the card and the promotional video after the jump.
- In ONE FC news, the promotion has just announced the undercard for their 2nd event this February. The more notable bouts have already been previously reported here, such as Jessie Rafols vs. Sung Min Yen, and Alex Silva vs. Geje Eustaquio, but they did add three more bouts which features Malaysian actor Peter Davis along with 4 Indonesian locals. The most notable local fighter would probably be Victorio Senduk, a San Shou Silver Medalist in the 2011 South East Asian Games.
- Check out the complete fight card for their event in Jakarta, Indonesia after the jump. As always, stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for more updates, and follow me on twitter -- @antontabuena
With the announcement of the undercard this completes their official fight card:
ONE FC 2: Battle of Heroes
February 11, 2012 - Sports Mall Kelapa Gading, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Victorio Senduk vs. Raymond Tiew
- Alex Silva vs. Geje Eustaquio
- Jessie Rafols vs. Sung Min Yen
- Ngabdi Mulyadi vs. Peter Davis
- Zuli Silawanto vs. Agus NaNang
Here's the Legend FC 7 Main Card happening on the same day:
Legend FC 7
February 11, 2012 - Grand Hyatt, City of Dreams, Macau
- Bae Myung Ho vs. Li Jingliang [Legend FC Welterweight Championship]
- Yao Honggang vs. Jumabieke Tuerxun [Legend FC Bantamweight Championship]
- Liu Wenbo Vs. Matt Cain
- Hideto Tatsumi vs. Yang Hae Jun
- Taiyo Nakahara vs. Michael Mortimer
- Koji Ando vs. Song Un Sik
- Mark Striegl vs. Choi Yeong Gwang