HOLLYWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 20: UFC President Dana White speaks to the media after the UFC on Fox: Velasquez v Dos Santos - Press Conference at W Hollywood on September 20, 2011 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Victor Decolongon/Getty Images)
Las Vegas TV station Fox 5 Vegas has a cute little story about UFC president Dana White making a personal visit to one Julie Breeler. Breeler is the unfortunate woman whose phone number was posted by hackers as Dana's information last week after White challenged hackers to attack him and the UFC again. That challenge followed hacker attacks on UFC.com in retaliation for their support of the defeated SOPA/PIPA legislation.
From the Fox 5 Vegas story:
Julie Breeler had already endured countless phone calls and emails after her personal information was posted online by hackers targeting Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White.
So when she got a knock at her door Sunday, she was understandably paranoid.
"I get my gun before answering the door," Breeler told FOX5 Monday. "I crack the door and say ‘Yes?' He says ‘Julie Breeler?' and I'm like ‘Yes.' He says ‘Hi, I'm Dana White!'"
This is Dana White at his best, personable, approachable, decent and real. Unfortunately the whole mess could have been avoided had he not challenged the hackers in the first place.
Video after the jump.
More Bloody Elbow coverage of Dana White's war with Anonymous over SOPA:
- Dana White Challenges Hackers, Hackers Release White's Personal Information
- #OpUFC: Anonymous Answers Dana White's Challenge, Hacks UFC.tv
- Dana White And UFC Fail To See Big Picture With SOPA Support
- #OpUFC: Dana White's Attitude Toward Attacks Is Irresponsible And Dangerous
- UFC Issues Formal Statement Regarding Website Hack
- UFC Website Hacked, Possibly As Retaliation For SOPA Support