In a video sure to irritate the anti-pro wrestling masses, MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani talked to WWE Champion CM Punk in a 30-minute interview Thursday night, documenting what happened to Punk's planned walkout with Chael Sonnen at UFC On Fox 2 Saturday and plenty more.
As the event is in Chicago, IL, the interview was done in Punk's home and Helwani hit up a number of topics with the big MMA fan including:
- What led to the Punk/Sonnen walkout rumors and what killed the chance of it happening
- His concerns about his presence overshadowing the main event
- His opinion on Sonnen's interviews this week and his thoughts on the Fox card as a whole
- What MMA could learn from pro wrestling
- Former UFC Champion Brock Lesnar and his potential return to WWE
- Whether he would ever compete in MMA
- His opinions on the best talkers in MMA
Love him or hate him, Punk (Phil Brooks) knows the sport, which becomes pretty evident in the first 10 minutes of the interview. Check out this must-watch video after the jump.