For today's press conference, UFC president Dana White was joined by eight fighters from the UFC on Fox 2 card which happens this Saturday in Chicago's United Center. The fighters joining White were Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Chael Sonnen, Michael Bisping, Demian Maia, Chris Weidman, Mike Russow and Jon Olav Einemo.
Full video of the press conference is above and excerpts from MMA Nation's notes from the UFC on Fox 2 press conference are in the full entry.
SBN coverage of UFC on Fox 2
- The winner of Bisping vs. Chael fights Anderson Silva over the summer.
- Believes Chael Sonnen will definitely be safe if he fights in Brazil.
- Even if Bisping wins, the fight against Silva will be in Brazil.
- "I don't have a lot against Phil, but I have to fight him, so for now I have a lot against him."
- Vehement that Davis' wrestling has "trash technique."
- "You've seen Phil. He can't hit. He punches with his hands open and he has no technique at all. Phil can't bust a grape."
- "It's crazy what the kids do nowadays. I encourage imagination and it's good that he has that but no. He'll never beat me in wrestling, not thumb wrestling, not anything of the sort."
- No animosity towards Rashad on his end.
- "For those of you that can't see, this [belt] is the world title I took from Anderson Silva... In this country possession is nine-tenths of the law."
- "It's my belt, I slept with this thing last night. You're looking at the man with the biggest arms and will do the biggest harm to the guy three doors down."
- Took Anderson's belt "like a gangster in the night." If he wants it back, "he should come get it."
- "Let's be honest, I outbox (Sonnen) all day, every day."
- "Of course, he's the best boxer. He's the Muhammed Ali, and I'm a guy from England, what chance do I have? I'm a good striker and he's just a wrestler."
- "He can keep his fake belt and shove it up his a**."
- Needs to be prepared to fight Weidman everywhere, not just on the ground.
- Not going to be 100% for Maia in ten days, so is just focusing on all the work he's done throughout his entire life.
- "I have a lot of respect for his jiu-jitsu, it's amazing. But I've competed at Abu Dhabi against some of the best grapplers in the world, and I've done pretty well. I train with some of the best grapplers in the world."