Dana White and Ariel Helwani talked about the issues of the day following UFC on FX.
Following UFC On FX, MMA Fighting reporter Ariel Helwani chatted with UFC President Dana White on a variety of topics including Jim Miller's title aspirations, the UFC On Fox changes, the rehab of Georges St. Pierre and more.
A few highlights:
- White said he "couldn't be happier" with how things are going right now.
- White wishes Melvin Guillard would "take things seriously".
- White has a "100% guarantee" that if Sonnen wins, he will fight Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva this summer, likely in Brazil. Helwani asked White if a Bisping win might make him reconsider moving a Silva/Bisping battle to England.
- White said that Brazil has surpassed Canada as the "new mecca of mixed martial arts."
- He talked about why Phil Davis isn't necessarily the No. 1 contender to Jon Jones if he defeats Rashad Evans and who would get the shot if Evans wins but gets hurt.
- White discussed UFC Primetime: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit and the "intriguing, mysterious" character that is Diaz.
- White gave an update on St. Pierre's incredible rehab and his "hate" for Diaz.
- He talked about his frustrations with coverage about the Montreal situation, including a bizarre comment about the event in Atlanta not being guaranteed either.
Watch the 10-minute video after the jump.