- Edson Barboza’s spinning heel kick KO of Terry Etim literally gave me the "O.o" face. Etim’s body falling like a jungle log was also as golden as the KO itself.
- Erick Silva landed 2-3 shots to the back of the head, arguably. They also weren’t the cleanest of shots. If anything, the back-to-the-head shots of Vitor to Akiyama and Hendo to Fedor looked cleaner, and got away with it too.
- Still, Silva is a very promising young prospect. He will learn a lot from this DQ loss and his stock won’t go down.
- Rousimar Palhares is a master of the heel hook. Seriously, how many times can an MMA fighter finish fights with the same move over and over again?
- Rumble is a HUGE disappointment. How he managed not to take care of business by cutting weight was both unprofessional and sad. Add to the fact that he was on co-main event and having the biggest fight of his career makes you think if he’s mentally fit to compete in the highest level.
- I was slightly irritated by the quick stand-ups by Dan Miragliotta. He seemed quite excited and rushed the stand-ups. Maybe something’s up with him. Hmmm.
- Nevertheless, I’m happy to see Vitor put on a show in front of Brazilian fans. I’d argue he’s still more popular than Anderson in Brazil, despite how their fight ended.
- Jose Aldo is a beast. Enough said. The post-fight out-of-the-cage celebration was cool too. If only Aldo’s awesomeness would translate to PPV buys…
The FanPosts are solely the subjective opinions of Bloody Elbow readers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Bloody Elbow editors or staff.