Having learned nothing from being proved wrong with the Bader and Rua fights, the Jones haters are looking toward Rampage for redemption and joining the Rampage fanboys in predicting the end of the reign of Jones at LHW. Toward that end, I have created this official excuse thread for them so we can have all the hilarity in one easy-to-locate place once Jones obliterates Jackson. With that in mind, I'll go ahead and pick the low-hanging fruit that's too obvious and/or too generic so that your creativity can shine without such tempting distractions.
1. Rampage’s head wasn’t in the fight. This covers all the obvious stuff: focused on his acting career, personal problems, losing interest in MMA, was thinking of a funny joke and couldn't concentrate, etc.
2. Rampage was injured, sick, on medication, etc.
3. Rampage was out of shape. This covers stuff like having a tough weight cut, having a lousy training camp, etc.
4. Rampage threw the fight for some reason. Maybe Dana ordered him to. Maybe someone paid him off. Maybe he really wants to fight some guy he hates who wouldn't get a title shot for 3 or 4 years when Rampage might already be retired so he had to lose tonight to make sure he could get the matchup sooner. And so on.
5. Jon Jones had a spy and/or saboteur in Rampage’s camp. Did Jones win because he capitalized on some intel a mole passed along? Or maybe there was more active undermining going on and a Jones minion who was also a training partner for Jackson tricked Jackson into the wrong strategy or injured Jackson's fist...
OK, now I've taken care of that stuff so it's your turn to provide an excuse, adequate or not (doesn't matter) for my amusement.