ESPN takes a look at Jon Jones in their newest Sports Science video. (Embedding disable because ESPN hates people watching their content.) The video examines the effects of Jones' 84.5" wingspan. Highlights:
- Jones' arms measure 34.5 inches. His reach allows him to land blows from over 3 feet away. Arms extended, Jones can cover 182 cubic feet around him, which is 80% more than the average adult male. Jones' superman punch extends his rage to over 5 feet.
- Jones' spinning elbow has been clocked at over 900 degrees/second.
- Jones landed 10 downward elbow strikes in a matter of 4 seconds against Vladimir Matyushenko.
- MMA fighters are able to apply a chokehold at 500 pounds of force, which is
10x50x more than is necessary to cut off circulation.
- If Jones' height matched his wingspan, Jones would be taller than 97% of the players in the NBA. Which is a fancy way of saying that he would be seven feet tall.