ProElite Vice President T. Jay Thompson did an interview with MMA Fighting where he released a lot more info on ProElite's future plans. He refers to their restart as "ProElite 2.0" and plans on doing some unique stuff. Here's a list of the things that came out in the interview:
- The company will stage their second show in November in Atlantic City, NJ. No date or venue has been decided upon as of yet. They hope to have a TV deal by then.
- They will begin a heavyweight grand prix at that second event, but it will be mostly "unknown big men from around the world". If Mark Ellis and Andrei Arlovski win their fights on August 27th, they could be in the GP.
- They expect to sell 5000 tickets for the August 27th show in Honolulu.
- Thompson is "very interested" in Marloes Coenen fighting on their November show, and wants Einemo in the GP. He just started to talking to Golden Glory's Martijn de Jong about the potential for that. He admits that Alistair Overeem is "out of his price range".
- "I hate when events do world championship fights with no world championship fighters," he said. So there won't be any title fights for a while. He wants to build the fighters in his own organization before he introduces titles, similar to the way he ran Rumble on the Rock and ICON Sport.
They have also released a promotional video for the August 27th event, which can be viewed after the jump.