(Click the image for higher resolution.)
Here's a word cloud generated from the post and comments in the live results post. Notes:
- No surprise that "Silva" was the most frequently used word. On a night full of moments, Anderson Silva stole the show.
- It's also no surprise to see "Georges" and "Pierre" in there. ("GSP" and "St." are likely eliminated by the software.) Whether it's a debate about the true pound-for-pound king or clamoring for the superfight that will never come, Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva are likely to be linked in discussion for many years to come.
- Ross Pearson and Edson Barboza get a lot of play for their close and controversial decision. Barboza won a split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29) despite the consensus on my Twitter feed that Pearson won rounds one and three.
- I'm a little surprised to see "Nogueira," "fans," and "Brazil" not play a bigger part. I'll even throw "Sonnen" in that mix.
- Oddest word inclusion? "Ghetto." I'll assume there was lots of discussion about World War II-era Poland and Elvis Presley's greatest hits.