UFC 134: Rio notes and numbers from FightMetric:
- Anderson Silva now holds the record for most knockdowns in UFC history at 15. His two knockdowns of Yushin Okami moved him ahead of Chuck Liddell, who previously held the record with 14. The next highest active fighter is Melvin Guillard with 11.
- Silva landed 43 of 61 significant strikes, bringing his UFC-leading striking accuracy to 68.5%. Cheick Kongo is second all-time at 61.3%. Cain Velasquez is right behind Kongo at 60.9%.
- Silva extended his UFC records for total and consecutive wins to 14 and successful title defenses to 9. He takes sole possession of wins in title bouts with 10.
- FightMetric's Effectiveness Scores favored Ross Pearson 258 to 199 over Edson Barboza, and the extrapolated ten-point must system awarded him the fight 29-28. Pearson outlanded Barboza 60-55 in significant strikes. (He added 2 non-significant strikes as well.) Pearson targeted the head more often (a 47-29 advantage), while Barboza went after the body (22-7).
- Pearson and Barboza combined to lead all fights with 115 significant strikes.
- Rousimar Palhares led all fighters with 67 significant strikes.
- Paulo Thiago led all fighters with 6 takedowns and 5 positional advances.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's knockout of Brendan Schaub was his first since finishing Pawel Nastula in 2005.