Some quick notes on what I noticed:
- I had goosebumps hearing the Fox Sports theme song and then seeing the UFC and Fox logos together. Christmas has come early.
- Joe Rogan looked nervous. He seemed to have trouble talking without saying "cunty" or "rape choke."
- Dana apparently thought Ariel Helwani was breaking the news, cause he left his suit at home. Therin lies his charm, I suppose. At least it was a FOX shirt.
- Chuck looked awake and conscious (sort of). That was a plus.
- Looks like Frankie Edgar is the new GSP.
- After years of crusty old white guys bashing MMA, how fucking awesome was it to see FOX's crusty old white guys talk about how awesome
MMA the UFC was?
- TUF edited the week of, with a live fight at the end. The coach's training camp during the show. Awesome.
- 32 weeks of live fights on FX. Cool beans.
- lol at Josh Gross asking the first question. It'll be interesting to see main stream media dealing with Dana Fucking White.
- Nov 12. 1st show!
- No Gladiator! YUS! Robots maybe? Hmm... not sure if like...
- I kept hoping Joe would say, "The UFC is FOR REAL!"
- There will be so much more scruitiny wih the UFC by the media. Everything from the stuff Dana says, to the fighters and how
little much they get paid. I hope Dana and crew are ready for it. I hope the hardcores are ready for it. Our baby is all growed up and is about to go through the gauntlet.
- I know there are a lot of haters out there - of Dana, of the UFC, etc. But if you're genuinely not excited about this deal, then I don't know what to tell you. It's one thing for Strikeforce to flop on CBS. It's another if the UFC flops on FOX. We gotta support this. This is a great day to be an MMA fan. I am buzzed.