UFC® 132 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on July 2, 2011 in Las Vegas, NV (Photos by Donald Miralle/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
What was the high spot of this fight?
We knew this one was going to be a puncher's battle, but we didn't know it would be so fast. Leben's nasty uppercuts from the clinch were very impressive, putting the legend down and out.
Where do these guys go from here?
Some may disagree, but I think Leben now finds himself heading into the Middleweight title picture. He has recent wins over Aaron Simpson, Yoshihiro Akiyama, and now Wanderlei, with his only loss coming against highly ranked Brian Stann. Keep that Leben momentum going with another good name opponent. If Vitor Belfort defeats Akiyama at UFC 133, Belfort vs. Leben sounds like a fantastic idea.
Dana White wants Wanderlei Silva to retire, and with his 4th big KO loss in the last 5 years, there's certainly some merit to that idea. But I don't think Wanderlei's going to go there just yet. He still may draw some interest, although he certainly won't be contending for the title again. I'd like to see him against the Belfort vs. Akiyama loser.
Watch it now, later, or never?
Now. An exciting KO, and quite possibly the true end of the road for one of the greats of our sport.
More BE coverage of UFC 132 in the full enty.
- Live Results and Play-By-Play - Brent Brookhouse
- Post-Fight Recap and Analysis - Mike Fagan
- Chris Leben and the Middleweight Title Picture - Fraser Coffeen
- The Day MMA Won The Combat Sports War - Josh Nason
- Why the Bantamweight Division Needs Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber 3 - Fraser Coffeen
- Bloody Elbow Radio UFC 132 Review
- Dominick Cruz Defeats Urijah Faber By Decision - Josh Nason
- Post-Fight Press Conference Video
- Chris Leben Knocks Out Wanderlei Silva In 27 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Tito Ortiz Fends Off Retirement - Matt Bishop
- Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader Fight Video Highlights - ESPN
- Tito Ortiz Submits Ryan Bader In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Dennis Siver Defeats Matt Wiman By Close Decision - Josh Nason
- Carlos Condit Knocks Out Dong Hyun Kim In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Melvin Guillard Knocks Out Shane Roller In First Round - Josh Nason
- Rafael dos Anjos Knocks Out George Sotiropoulos In 59 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Brian Bowles Defeats Takeya Mizugaki by Unanimous Decision - Leland Roling
- Anthony Njokuani Dominates Andre Winner - Leland Roling
- Aaron Simpson Puts Brad Tavares Through the Grinder - Leland Roling
- Jeff Hougland Showcases Diverse Skills, Decisions Donny Walker - Leland Roling