UFC® 132 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on July 2, 2011 in Las Vegas, NV (Photos by Donald Miralle/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
Dennis Siver defeated Matt Wiman via unanimous decision in this Lightweight fight at UFC 132. This fight fulfills the night's quote of questionable judging outcomes, as many felt Wiman should have taken the win. This was the 3rd fight on the PPV portion of the card.
What was the high spot of this fight?
Regardless of how you scored the fight, the most dominant action almost certainly belonged to Wiman in round 2. There, he put Siver on his back and unleashed some very nice ground and pound, slicing Siver's head open with an elbow and keeping up the assault.
Where do these guys go from here?
Siver is on a pretty strong 8-1 run at this point, and has made his way into the upper reaches of the UFC Lightweight ranks. His next opponent should be a quality name, with the winner moving into title contention. Best nominee for that role is Melvin Guillard, who is similarly on a rise, called out Siver, and holds a 2008 win over him. The rematch would be a great fight too. Make it happen Joe Silva.
Wiman remains a guy who is impressive at times, but kind of just there in the Lightweight division. I could see him being paired with George Sotiropoulos in an effort to help one of them get back on track.
Watch it now, later, or never?
Later. It's not really a bad fight, but not particularly memorable in any way. A few months from now you won't remember much about it.
More BE coverage of UFC 132 in the full enty.
- Live Results and Play-By-Play - Brent Brookhouse
- Post-Fight Recap and Analysis - Mike Fagan
- Chris Leben and the Middleweight Title Picture - Fraser Coffeen
- The Day MMA Won The Combat Sports War - Josh Nason
- Why the Bantamweight Division Needs Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber 3 - Fraser Coffeen
- Bloody Elbow Radio UFC 132 Review
- Dominick Cruz Defeats Urijah Faber By Decision - Josh Nason
- Post-Fight Press Conference Video
- Chris Leben Knocks Out Wanderlei Silva In 27 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Tito Ortiz Fends Off Retirement - Matt Bishop
- Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader Fight Video Highlights - ESPN
- Tito Ortiz Submits Ryan Bader In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Dennis Siver Defeats Matt Wiman By Close Decision - Josh Nason
- Carlos Condit Knocks Out Dong Hyun Kim In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Melvin Guillard Knocks Out Shane Roller In First Round - Josh Nason
- Rafael dos Anjos Knocks Out George Sotiropoulos In 59 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Brian Bowles Defeats Takeya Mizugaki by Unanimous Decision - Leland Roling
- Anthony Njokuani Dominates Andre Winner - Leland Roling
- Aaron Simpson Puts Brad Tavares Through the Grinder - Leland Roling
- Jeff Hougland Showcases Diverse Skills, Decisions Donny Walker - Leland Roling