UFC welterweight Carlos Condit demolished Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 132, finishing the previously unbeaten Kim in 2:58 of the first round. Condit has a four fight winning streak going in the UFC, three of them finishes by KO or TKO. He's gone 12-1 in the last five years with 5 submissions and 5 KO/TKOs.
That's the kind of resume that normally results in a title shot but with champ Georges St. Pierre already booked to face Nick Diaz in October, Condit would likely have to wait until 2012 to get his shot. He doesn't want to do that.
"I do want to fight again in 2011. I know the timeframe may not work out for me to get the next shot, but I want to fight again before the end of the year," Condit said at the press conference.
I'm too torched from a long UFC weekend to think of a good next opponent for Condit. If Rick Story had beaten Charlie Brenneman at UFC on Versus 4 last week that would be a perfect title eliminator, but Brenneman isn't anywhere near a title shot and the UFC will want to avoid him ruining another title run.
Diego Sanchez or Anthony Johnson are the only welterweights that are coming to mind as possible opponents for Condit.
- Live Results and Play-By-Play - Brent Brookhouse
- Post-Fight Recap and Analysis - Mike Fagan
- Chris Leben and the Middleweight Title Picture - Fraser Coffeen
- The Day MMA Won The Combat Sports War - Josh Nason
- Why the Bantamweight Division Needs Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber 3 - Fraser Coffeen
- Bloody Elbow Radio UFC 132 Review
- Dominick Cruz Defeats Urijah Faber By Decision - Josh Nason
- Post-Fight Press Conference Video
- Chris Leben Knocks Out Wanderlei Silva In 27 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Tito Ortiz Fends Off Retirement - Matt Bishop
- Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader Fight Video Highlights - ESPN
- Tito Ortiz Submits Ryan Bader In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Dennis Siver Defeats Matt Wiman By Close Decision - Josh Nason
- Carlos Condit Knocks Out Dong Hyun Kim In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Melvin Guillard Knocks Out Shane Roller In First Round - Josh Nason
- Rafael dos Anjos Knocks Out George Sotiropoulos In 59 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Brian Bowles Defeats Takeya Mizugaki by Unanimous Decision - Leland Roling
- Anthony Njokuani Dominates Andre Winner - Leland Roling
- Aaron Simpson Puts Brad Tavares Through the Grinder - Leland Roling
- Jeff Hougland Showcases Diverse Skills, Decisions Donny Walker - Leland Roling