Former WEC bantamweight champ Brian Bowles took a unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27) over Takeya Mizugaki at UFC 132. Bowles broke his right hand when he caught Mizugaki with a hard shot in the second round and focused on grappling for the remainder of the fight.
What was the high spot of this fight?
Bowles cracking Mizugaki with a hard right hand while catching a kick to slam him to the ground in the second round.
Where do these guys go from here?
Bowles is likely headed for a title shot against Dominick Cruz -- the man who took his WEC title and the only blotch on his 10-1 record. The big question for that fight is how the UFC will market it as it seems very unlikely to headline a pay-per-view card.
Mizugaki falls to 1-1 in the UFC and 3-4 overall in fights promoted by Zuffa (he went 2-3 with the WEC). I expect he'll continue to get fights in the UFC as long as he can maintain that winning percentage.
Watch it now, later, or never?
Of the fights that went the distance at UFC 132, I'd put this third on my list to watch after Njokuani-Winner and Simpson-Tavares, but if you are a fan of the faster-paced bantamweight action, you might want to bump it to the front of that list.
Also if you are involved with Dominick Cruz' coaching staff, I'd watch this fight early and often to get a bead on the likely next challenger to Cruz' 135lb crown.
More BE coverage of UFC 132 after the jump.
- Chris Leben and the Middleweight Title Picture - Fraser Coffeen
- Post-Fight Recap and Analysis - Mike Fagan
- The Day MMA Won The Combat Sports War - Josh Nason
- Why the Bantamweight Division Needs Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber 3 - Fraser Coffeen
- Bloody Elbow Radio UFC 132 Review
- Dominick Cruz Defeats Urijah Faber By Decision - Josh Nason
- Post-Fight Press Conference Video
- Chris Leben Knocks Out Wanderlei Silva In 27 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Tito Ortiz Fends Off Retirement - Matt Bishop
- Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader Fight Video Highlights - ESPN
- Tito Ortiz Submits Ryan Bader In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Dennis Siver Defeats Matt Wiman By Close Decision - Josh Nason
- Carlos Condit Knocks Out Dong Hyun Kim In The First Round - Josh Nason
- Melvin Guillard Knocks Out Shane Roller In First Round - Josh Nason
- Rafael dos Anjos Knocks Out George Sotiropoulos In 59 Seconds - Josh Nason
- Brian Bowles Defeats Takeya Mizugaki by Unanimous Decision - Leland Roling
- Anthony Njokuani Dominates Andre Winner - Leland Roling
- Aaron Simpson Puts Brad Tavares Through the Grinder - Leland Roling
- Jeff Hougland Showcases Diverse Skills, Decisions Donny Walker - Leland Roling