Former EliteXC star and "The Ultimate Fighter 10" competitor Kimbo Slice is scheduled to make his pro boxing debut in a four-round fight Aug. 13 in the main event of a co-promoted show between Gary Shaw Productions and Tony Holden Promotions, according to a press release.
And Kimbo will be fighting in Miami. Miami, Okla., that is, at the Buffalo Run Casino and currently is without an opponent.
From the press release:
"Kimbo was always meant to be in the ring," said Jared Shaw, Team Kimbo Promotional Advisor. "He's one of the hardest punchers in the world and on August 13, his journey to becoming America's heavyweight begins. The first stop will be Oklahoma in what will become the Kimbo Slice Express."
Longtime friend and manager, Mike Imber, said that Slice has been training for his debut with his longtime boxing coach Randy Khatami and also spent some time in top-rated contender Alfredo Angulo's camp, working with trainer Clemente Medina.
"He's completely focused on his boxing career and excited to showcase his talents inside the squared circle," continued Shaw. "Kimbo Slice is hungry and when that man wants his bread, he's scary."
Slice went 4-2 in MMA and was released from the UFC after a second-round TKO loss to Matt Mitrione at UFC 113 last year. He's been quiet since. He started his career with three straight stoppage wins, including headlining the first-ever prime time broadcast of MMA on network television in America, besting James Thompson by third-round TKO at "EliteXC: Primetime" in May 2008.
He made his official UFC debut with a unanimous decision win over Houston Alexander at "The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale."