I didn't really expect an interesting day around Bloody Elbow with the holiday. But things did manage to get a little..uh...let's leave it at interesting.
- KJ Gould got the day going by looking at how Demetrious Johnson vs. Miguel Torres would be scored under grappling rules. It comes out with Johnson getting the win. I'm going to stick with my opinion that Miguel won the fight though.
- It's Monday, that means This Week in Quotes went up today. The worst part of doing Wraps on Mondays and Wednesdays is that the same two features (TWiQ and Tweet, Tweet) go up every week on those days and I am forced to try to come up with something clever to say. Clever isn't my strong suit.
- I wrote about the treatment of women by MMA fans, fighters and media. It has caused me problems with certain people. God bless America.
- If you're worried that you missed any of our coverage of UFC 130, Kid Nate has conveniently put it all in one post. Make sure you've checked out things like the case for Miguel Torres to have been given the nod over Johnson.
- The poster for UFC 131 is ugly, go figure.
- Mike Dolce says he can help Roy Nelson cut enough weight to make middleweight. Because if there's something a 34 (almost 35) year old whose style is based on having a big gut needs to do, it's cut to 185 pounds and learn how to fight all over again well after his athletic peak.