Dana White announced on the UFC 130 Post-Fight Press Conference the recipients of the $70,000 'Fight Night' bonuses for the evening. Travis Browne received the Knockout of the Night bonus for landing that huge superman punch that toppled the Skyscraper, Stefan Struve. Gleison Tibau got Submission of the Night honors for choking out Rafaello Oliveira. Finally, the Fight of the Night bonus went to Brian Stann and Jorge Santiago, even though most people thought the Miguel Torres vs. Demetrious Johnson bout was a lot more entertaining despite the faulty judging.
Here are a few news and notes from the presser:
- Frank Mir had to go to the hospital for a broken jaw and rib. Roy Nelson on the other hand, said he just lost because he got out-wrestled by a bigger and stronger guy. He also joked that he brought in Dan Hardy in this week to help him work on his wrestling.
- Dana White confirmed that the battle of the newly announced Ultimate Fighter coaches, Jason Miller and Michael Bisping won't be on a PPV card. It will headline the TUF 14 Finale on Spike TV.
- Brian Stann has a fractured thumb, but he chose not to go to the hospital along with the other injured fighters from the night. Stann says he doesn't know he will fight next, but said "I’d always love to fight Wanderlei. He’s one of my favorite fighters ever. It would be a dream come true". He also mentioned that members of the "SEAL Team 6", the group that took out Osama Bin Laden, was in the crowd to watch the night of fights.
- The event drew 12,816 fans in the MGM Grand Garden Arena, and had a live gate of $2.57 million.
- Rampage on his hand injury: "Honestly, I hurt my hand in Japan back in December. Drinking around, fighting with my friend in the hallway. I thought it would heal up. I did a crazy jab on one of my sparring partners, and I hurt it."
- Quinton Jackson's hand injury, if serious, could derail his title shot. If Rampage can't do it, Jon Jones could be defending his light heavyweight title against Lyoto Machida, or even Rashad Evans.