Stefan Struve (21-4, 5-2 UFC) puts his 6'11" frame up against the 6'7" Travis Browne (10-0-1, 1-0-1 UFC) in a heavyweight bout at UFC 130. This is scheduled as the third bout on the pay-per-view broadcast. For more information on how to watch the pay-per-view, check out Google.
How do these two stack up?
Struve: 23 years old | 6'11" | 83" reach
Browne: 28 years old | 6'7" | REACH UNKNOWN
What have these two done lately?
How did these two get here?
Stefan Struve debuted at UFC 95 in London, England, where Junior dos Santos sent him back to the Netherlands crying. Struve rebounded with big wins over sterling heavyweights like Denis Stojnic, Chase Gormley, and Paul Buentello. Then Roy Nelson came along at UFC Fight Night in Charlotte, North Carolina, and sent him back to the Netherlands crying. Struve returned to his winning ways with victories over A-level fighters Christian Morecraft and Sean McCorkle.
Travis Browne rattled off 9 wins in regional promotions -- including KOing UFC reject Abe Wagner -- before making his UFC debut in 2010. Browne pounded out James McSweeney within five minutes. Then found himself with a blemish on his ledger when Cheick Kongo tugged his way to a draw.
Why should you watch?
For those tall fighters out there, you'll want to watch Struve as an example of how not to fight to your height.
More UFC 130 Coverage from Bloody Elbow:
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Matt Hamill In-Depth Preview - Leland Roling
- UFC 130 Gambling Spotlight: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Matt Hamill - Mike Fagan
- Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson In-Depth Preview - Leland Roling
- Jorge Santiago vs. Brian Stann In Depth Preview - Dallas G Winston
- Stefan Struve vs. Travis Browne In Depth Preview - Dallas G. Winston
- Miguel Torres vs. Demetrious Johnson In Depth Preview - Dallas G. Winston
- Tim Boetsch vs. Kendall Grove In Depth Preview - Dallas G. Winston
- UFC 130 Bloody Elbow Staff Predictions
- UFC 130 Weigh-In Video and Results