We all love lists, so here's one just for fun...
What are the top 10 moments that made you think, say or perhaps even yell "Oh Shit!" during an MMA event? Using absolutely any criteria you want, share the the 10 things you couldn't help but react to when you saw it for the first time.
In no particular order...
- Randy tags Big Tim – what else can really be said that hasn’t been said already?
- Rampage bombs Arona – to me this is THE Oh Shit moment in MMA; the perfect moment of aggression, strength and willpower
- Royce pulls off the UFC’s first triangle versus Dan Severn – I had no idea what happened, but I know I rewound the VHS tape about 10 times to understand how
- Dustin Hazelett armbars Josh Burkman – OK, so they’re both marginal UFC fighters, but when Hazelett jumped over that whizzer I think we all freaked out
- Bob Sapp almost kills Big Nog – when I saw him start to come down in that mock piledriver I thought Minotauro’s neck was going to smash into little bits all over the ring
- Silva front kicks Vitor – this was the most out-there strike I can think of to end a fight; a front kick? Crazy.
- The infamous Double KO starring guest ref Shonie Carter – a double KO? Worth the price of admission. Shonie’s reaction? Priceless
- Aldo wrecks Cub Swanson – this makes me say “how the hell?” every single time
- The Showtime kick off the cage – in 20 years we may not remember who Anthony Pettis even is, but we’ll all remember seeing that kick
- Fedor tapping – we never wanted it to happen, but it happened anyway
OK...I'll do 11...
- The Machida Crane Kick – it’s a shame that Silva’s front kick beat Machida’s to the punch (pardon the pun), or this may have been the defining Oh Shit KO of all time