It happened! It happened! For the first time the New York State Senate voted to legalize mixed martial arts. So it's been a party around the Bloody Elbow offices. Endless singing of New York, New York and eating of cheap, greasy, flimsy pizza have been going on for hours since reading Dana White's tweet of "It passed 42 to 18!!!!! FINALLY!!! NY!!!!"
Wait, it still has to pass the Assembly? And that's not likely to happen? AND this isn't the first time it got past the Senate?
- Kid Nate shared the story of Jon Jones being called a "fake ass white boy" by Rashad Evans. Evans seems to be a little bit Bernard Hopkins here. Yeah, it's inappropriate. But, it's also going to keep this fight hot and make it sell.
- Nick Diaz's boxing promoter sent out a press release explaining that Nick would not be taking part in a boxing match. The good news? Nick Diaz vs. Georges St. Pierre looks like a real possibility. The bad news? I wasted a ton lot of time writing about Diaz vs. Jeff Lacy.
- Mike Fagan ran This Week in Quotes. I enjoyed the part where he quoted things fighters said.
- Jose Aldo is hurt and out of UFC 133. Yeah, that card was supposed to have Evans vs. Jones and Aldo vs. Chad Mendes.
- Nate wrote about the risks of living the fighter's life. The risks of serious injury are too real for me to joke about here, but the need for fans to admit that the risks do exist is just as real.