If you've been paying attention you've seen the announcements that Jonathan Snowden has moved to SBNation.com to work with Luke Thomas and Nick Thomas has left the BE staff because real life can be a little overwhelming. I can assure you that Bloody Elbow will go on, obviously missing both guys but figuring out new and exciting ways to bring you combat sports coverage. Oh, also, I'll be covering the hell out of Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley for SBNation.com this week. On to today's rundown!
- It's always tasteless to start a rundown with your own work. So earlier today I took a look at Gary Goodridge's recent admission that he is suffering from traumatic brain injury.
- It looks like Chad Mendes is next up for Jose Aldo. Mendes is very good at what he does, but what he does is what Aldo does best against. I imagine this will be an easier fight than Hominick.
- Mike Fagan's This Week in Quotes ran today. I'm running out of a weekly smart-ass comment to make about this thing every week. Go read it.
- Kid Nate shared the Gracie breakdown of Pablo Garcia's flying triangle win at UFC 129.
- Kid Nate also followed up on how Georges St. Pierre may need Nick Diaz to salvage his brand. I'll wait until we have proof that GSP can't sell out an arena or do major numbers on PPV before I get too worried about his brand. But I'd still love Diaz/GSP.
- Anton Tabuena discussed the Nate Diaz drop back to lightweight. It's too bad there isn't a 162 pound weight class, Diaz would probably fit perfectly there.
- Leland Roling covered the Shooto Tradition 2011 event and totally underrated (and mostly unknown) featherweight Hatsu Hioki.
- I shared that Ontario is not conducting their drug tests for MMA events. The UFC is having the testing for last Saturday's UFC 129 event conducted by an independent lab.