photo via MMA Weekly.
What was the high spot of this fight?
A right hand by Matyushenko crashing to the ground, but the brutal hammerfists that put Brilz to sleep and then woke him back up were the real high points of this short clash.
Where do these guys go from here?
Vladimir is never going to be in title contention, but he's a hell of a tough guy that will take on anyone the UFC asks him to. He's on a two fight win streak but his limitations basically mean that he will best fit being a guy who plays gatekeeper and provides a stiff, experienced test for up-and-comers to fight.
I always forget Jason Brilz is 35 years old. It's too late for him to make a run with his limitations. He can be kept around to fight on undercards but the harsh reality is that roster spots are probably too valuable for him to be around forever. Even if he earned brownie points by fighting Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on short notice, he's probably on his last legs in the UFC.
Watch it now, later, or never?
Short fight, brutal KO. Watch it now.
- Next Day Thoughts - Donna Hurrle
- GSP Tried to Force the KO Against Jake Shields - Kid Nate
- Jose Aldo Continues Fight for Mainstream Recognition - David St. Martin
- Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva Loses Steam - Brent Brookhouse
- Great Judging Should Be Applauded Sometimes - Tim Burke
- UFC Hits Home Run With UFC 129 Live Experience - Matt Bishop
- Zuffa and the UFC Finally Hit It Big - Matthew Roth
- Hours After, GSP Still Can't See With His Left Eye - Anton Tabuena
- UFC 129 Play by Play and Live Commentary - Brent Brookhouse
- Is Steven Seagal Secretly a Martial Arts Genius? - Jonathan Snowden
- Georges St. Pierre Holds Back UFC's Canadian Coming Out Party at UFC 129 - Jonathan Snowden
- UFC 129 Post-Fight Press Conference Video
- Georges St. Pierre Slips Past Jake Shields
- Jose Aldo Holds Off Mark Hominick
- Lyoto Machida Clouts Randy Couture
- Vladimir Matyushenko Mops the Floor With Jason Brilz
- Ben Henderson Whips Up On Mark Bocek
- Rory MacDonald Ragdolls Nate Diaz
- Jake Ellenberger Brutalizes Sean Pierson
- Claude Patrick Edges Daniel Roberts
- Pablo Garza Submits Yves Jabouin
- John Makdessi KO's Kyle Watson With Spinning Back Fist
- Jason MacDonald Triangles Ryan Jensen
- Ivan Menjivar Clocks Charlie Valencia