There's a lot of rumors floating around the MMA world the past couple days. First there's unsubstantiated reports that Alistair Overeem is prepared to pull out of the his June 18 date with Fabricio and/or the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament. Then we found out Dana White met with Nick Diaz, potentially about a TUF coaching spot and late-2011 bout with welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre. I'm pretty ambivalent toward both. I want Alistair Overeem in the UFC, but I want to see him fight in the near future. And I want Nick Diaz on my TV as much as possible, but I don't need another 13 weeks of GSP on a reality show either.
- We pulled out the artillery for Chael Sonnen today. Michael Bisping expressed his disappointment with the California State Athletic Commission's decision. I agreed with the CSAC's decision, even if I can empathize with Chael on a basic human level. Leland Roling discussed the issue of Testosterone Replacement Therapy, and whether it has a place in the sport.
- Hermes Franca turned himself in facing multiple counts of sexual abuse charges in the state of Oregon. I'll leave that one alone.
- Police arrested former UFC heavyweight champ Ricco Rodriguez for charges of assault and resisting arrest over a $75 cab fare. This allows me to point out one of my least favorite things about sports media. In the Sherdog report, they end with a short wrap of his MMA career, which has zero relevance to the story.
- The Reem S02E03. Don't be square like Brent Brookhouse. Watch it.
- We almost lost Anderson Silva to retirement after he left Chute Boxe. Somewhere, Rich Franklin is weeping.
- Jason Reinhardt convinced somebody to give him another fight in the UFC. I hope Joe Silva is making an example out of him.
- I jumped on Bloody Elbow Radio at the last minute. The show featured Matt Bishop and his harem of three queens.
- Bjorn Rebney claims Bellator has been looking into accidental insurance for its fighters, but only after Ken Pavia leaked the UFC's policy contracts to them.
- Tournament of Bad! Art Jimmerson Region! Voting! Cole Konrad's shapely body! Frank Shamrock holding a lot of belts! Jim Duggan! HOOOOOO!