UFC lightweight John Makdessi caught Kyle Watson with a perfect spinning backfist for the KO at 1:27 of the third round of their UFC 129 bout. It was the second fight of the night and was streamed on the UFC's Facebook page.
What was the high spot of this fight?
Makdessi's highlight reel spinning back fist is far and away the most notable moment of the fight. He's got to be cursing Steven Seagal for teaching Lyoto Machida an even more dramatic flying front snap kick that stole the $129,000 Knock Out of the Night bonus.
Where do these guys go from here?
The 25 year old Makdessi improves to 9-0, 2-0 in the UFC. He'll rapidly come to a cross-roads in his career where he can push for more money and higher caliber opponents or spend a little bit more time on the undercard of Canadian events improving his game against guys on the bottom rung of the UFC ladder.
Watson drops to 1-1 in the UFC. He's a veteran of The Ultimate Fighter so that might buy him another fight in the UFC, but as over-crowded as their roster is right now, don't be surprised if he gets his walking papers.
Watch it now, later, or never?
Watch the spinning back fist now, but unless you're coaching someone who might have to fight Makdessi in the near future the rest of the fight is fast-forward city.
- Next Day Thoughts - Donna Hurrle
- GSP Tried to Force the KO Against Jake Shields - Kid Nate
- Jose Aldo Continues Fight for Mainstream Recognition - David St. Martin
- Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva Loses Steam - Brent Brookhouse
- Great Judging Should Be Applauded Sometimes - Tim Burke
- UFC Hits Home Run With UFC 129 Live Experience - Matt Bishop
- Zuffa and the UFC Finally Hit It Big - Matthew Roth
- Hours After, GSP Still Can't See With His Left Eye - Anton Tabuena
- UFC 129 Play by Play and Live Commentary - Brent Brookhouse
- Is Steven Seagal Secretly a Martial Arts Genius? - Jonathan Snowden
- Georges St. Pierre Holds Back UFC's Canadian Coming Out Party at UFC 129 - Jonathan Snowden
- UFC 129 Post-Fight Press Conference Video
- Georges St. Pierre Slips Past Jake Shields
- Jose Aldo Holds Off Mark Hominick
- Lyoto Machida Clouts Randy Couture
- Vladimir Matyushenko Mops the Floor With Jason Brilz
- Ben Henderson Whips Up On Mark Bocek
- Rory MacDonald Ragdolls Nate Diaz
- Jake Ellenberger Brutalizes Sean Pierson
- Claude Patrick Edges Daniel Roberts
- Pablo Garza Submits Yves Jabouin
- John Makdessi KO's Kyle Watson With Spinning Back Fist
- Jason MacDonald Triangles Ryan Jensen
- Ivan Menjivar Clocks Charlie Valencia