Photo by Ken Pishna via MMA Weekly
Former IFL light heavyweight champion Vladimir "the Janitor" Matyushenko dropped Jason Brilz with a hard 1-2, followed up with a brutal series of hammer fists on the ground to force the stoppage at 0:20 of the first round of their UFC 129: St. Pierre vs Shields bout.
Brilz came into the fight with a 3-2 UFC record. His previous fight was a controversial split decision loss to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 114.
The 39 year old Matyushenko is a thirteen year veteran of MMA. He has fought for the UFC light heavyweight belt, losing that attempts to Tito Ortiz. Prior to this bout he was 3-1 in his current UFC run. Most recently he beat Alexandre Ferreira via TKO at UFC 122.
- Georges St. Pierre Slips Past Jake Shields
- Jose Aldo Holds Off Mark Hominick
- Lyoto Machida Clouts Randy Couture
- Ben Henderson Whips Up On Mark Bocek
- Claude Patrick Edges Daniel Roberts
- Ivan Menjivar Clocks Charlie Valencia
- Jason MacDonald Triangles Ryan Jensen
- John Makdessi KO's Kyle Watson With Spinning Back Fist
- Pablo Garza Submits Yves Jabouin