Photo by Ken Pishna via MMA Weekly.
UFC bantamweight Ivan Menjivar dropped Charle Valencia with a brutal standing elbow then followed up with some ground and pound to end the bout at 1:30 of the first round at their UFC 129 bout.
The blow visibly shattered Valencia's nose.
Valencia was unable to land a single strike of any significance against the well-rounded Menjivar who ducked some hard right hands from Valencia before grabbing the clinch and finishing the fight.
Menjivar is a storied veteran of MMA. He was UFC welterweight champ Georges St Pierre's first ever opponent in 2002, losing by TKO. He's faced such legends of the sport as Vitor Ribeiro, Matt Serra, Urijah Faber, and Caol Uno -- losing to all of them. He left the sport following a split decision loss to Bart Palaszewski, but returned in June of 2010, fighting at his natural 135 pound weight for the first time.
More UFC 129 Results from Bloody Elbow:
- Georges St. Pierre Slips Past Jake Shields
- Jose Aldo Holds Off Mark Hominick
- Lyoto Machida Clouts Randy Couture
- Ben Henderson Whips Up On Mark Bocek
- Vladimir Matyushenko Mops the Floor With Jason Brilz
- Jake Ellenberger Brutalizes Sean Pierson
- Claude Patrick Edges Daniel Roberts
- Ivan Menjivar Clocks Charlie Valencia
- Jason MacDonald Triangles Ryan Jensen
- John Makdessi KO's Kyle Watson With Spinning Back Fist
- Pablo Garza Submits Yves Jabouin