Canadian middleweight Jason MacDonald used his grappling skills to trap Ryan Jensen in a triangle choke and force him to tap at 1:37 of the first round at UFC 129.
Jensen slammed MacDonald hard while trapped in the submission but it was to no avail.
MacDonald shot in early to get the take down and Jensen went for a guillotine choke that failed and put him on his back. Jensen was able to reverse positions on the ground but wasn't able to survive long in MacDonald's guard.
MacDonald ran up a 5-5 record in the promotion in a prior three year run ending in 2009. After picking up three wins in smaller promotions, he returned to the UFC at UFC 113, losing to John Salter after enduring a grisly broken leg during the bout.
MacDonald endured multiple surgeries and almost a full year of rehab to recover from the leg break.
More UFC 129 Results from Bloody Elbow:
- Georges St. Pierre Slips Past Jake Shields
- Jose Aldo Holds Off Mark Hominick
- Lyoto Machida Clouts Randy Couture
- Vladimir Matyushenko Mops the Floor With Jason Brilz
- Ben Henderson Whips Up On Mark Bocek
- Rory MacDonald Ragdolls Nate Diaz
- Jake Ellenberger Brutalizes Sean Pierson
- Ivan Menjivar Clocks Charlie Valencia
- Jason MacDonald Triangles Ryan Jensen
- John Makdessi KO's Kyle Watson With Spinning Back Fist
- Pablo Garza Submits Yves Jabouin